Happy Earth Day, folks! Userful is looking to celebrate the day by showing you how virtualizing your computers can drastically reduce your carbon footprint.
Userful is utilized by libraries, schools, call centers, hotels, doctor's offices, and many other organizations all around the world. By virtualizing their computers with Userful, and reducing the amount of hardware and the energy needed to power their computer deployments, our customers have all contributed to reducing the environmental impact of the traditional 1PC per seat model. We even have some customers running Userful systems in some of the most remote parts of the world, using solar panels, generators, and offering multiple computers, all running at extremely low wattage.
|What is desktop virtualization?|
7 ways Userful's simple virtualization reduces carbon footprint:
- Just 1 PC or host server powers multiple workstations, interactive touchscreens and digital displays.
- Zero or Ultra-thin client devices, used to create each virtual station, only use 3 watts of power.
- Zero clients are also durable, with no moving parts, and can last up to 10 years without needing to be replaced.
- Less heat and noise produced than the traditional computing model.
- Also, virtualization allows for more efficient use of space.
- Less maintenance and support resources needed with Userful.
- Less hardware means reduced e-waste and CO2 production.
Savings in power and reduction in e-waste lead to a healthier global environment, while also saving money for the consumer. On average, the Userful solution saves 66% in hardware, support and electricity costs compared to the one PC per seat model.
Since 2002, Userful has saved its customers 793,609,574 kWh of electricity and prevented 615,047 tonnes of CO2 from being put into the air. That's equal to taking 106,409 cars off the road or planting 152,617 acres of trees!