Green Your School With Free Computers
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, Userful is giving away 10 Userful Multiplier™ licenses (hardware not included) to the first school in every country of the world to contact Userful and sign up to claim them* with the goal of helping schools improve student-to-computer ratios, and reduce their eco footprints at the same time.
Education institutions are invited to contact Userful for their free licenses and more information, by submitting the form below, calling +1.403.289.2177 Ext. 795, or by e-mailing email@example.com
In 2009 Userful's software that turns one PC into 10 saved over 200,000 tonnes of CO2, the equivalent of taking more than 35,000 cars off the road, or planting 50,000 acres of trees!
Desktop computers sit idle while we check our e-mail, surf the web, or type a document. Userful's shared resource computing software leverages this excess computing power to create a low cost, environmentally efficient alternative to traditional desktop computing. Up to 10 users can work independently on a single computer at the same time, each with their own monitor, keyboard, mouse, and applications.
More than 30,000 schools around the world have already deployed Userful Multiplier, and are experiencing firsthand the benefits this affordable solution can provide. With lower initial hardware costs, and savings in ongoing electricity and maintenance costs, schools can expand access to more students for the same budget, or have money left over to spend on other classroom technology.
- Userful Multiplier licenses must be activated by September 1, 2010.
- Limit of 1 school per country.
- Offer available only to new customers.
- Schools must provide their own computer hardware. Contact Userful for hardware selection advice.
- Offer applies to 1 lab up to 10 seats per school.
- Licenses can not be transferred.
- Userful will provide free support for the first year. After the first year, support is optional at $29.00 per year per license, and will be provided by a qualified Userful partner.
- Schools must be in a Userful partner supported region.
- Userful has sole discretion in determining whether an application satisfies the promotion criteria.