10 Questions to Ask Your Video Wall Vendor
Deploying a video wall can be an overwhelming experience, but don’t worry, there are solutions and resources available that significantly simplify the process of deploying and supporting a video wall.
According to Tim Griffin, CTO of Userful Corporation, “Traditionally, video walls were complex and expensive, but with the advancements in technology and the rise of alternative approaches to video walls and digital signage (i.e. AV-over-IP, software-based, etc.), they are becoming easier to deploy and more affordable”.
There are now a myriad approaches to deploying video walls, which leaves people asking: ‘How do I know what solution is right for me?’.
In this article we present a list of 10 questions that you can ask a video wall vendor that will help you make a better decision towards your video wall deployment:
1. What resolution is supported today? How can I upgrade this resolution in the future?
Content resolutions are constantly upgrading (i.e. from 720p to 1080p, 2k, 4k, 6k and now 8k) and having a solution that can easily adapt to these upgrades is highly advantageous.
2. What is the life expectancy (mean time between failure) for the device/solution in the field?
This one is self-explanatory, as it gives you a sense of how reliable the solution is.
3. How easy is it to calibrate color to adjust as the displays age?
Color calibration is a complex process in many video wall solutions, and it can be both time and resource-consuming.
4. How quick is it to setup?
A key aspect in a video wall deployment, a thorough understand of this process can help to make better decision when choosing a solution.
5. How many different types of content and sources can I connect?
There are many different types of content that can be displayed on a video wall (i.e. video & image, scheduled content, HTML, live streams, real-time camera feed, Live TV, HDMI sources, etc.).
A solution that gives you a greater flexibility in content support will be a greater asset for your deployment.
6. How easy is it to switch what is playing on the video wall?
Interactivity is a key thing in video walls and digital signage, so a seamless switch between content will definitely make for a more impactful and professional video wall experience.
7. Will I be able to talk to current or former clients that can speak to the quality of your programs?
It’s a red flag if the vendor does not provide client references that you can call.
Ask the vendor for references and do your due diligence by taking the time to speak to them.
8. How do you adapt to the continually changing B2B landscape?
New products and services are constantly transforming industries.
Key to your success is finding a partner that has the flexibility and foresight to grow your audience to maximize meetings for your sales team – and positively impact your ROI.
9. What is your pricing model?
Different approaches have different pricing schemes, and knowing this will be helpful not only for the initial deployment, but for future upgrades and refreshment cycles.
10. Who are your closest competitors?
Most vendors don’t want you seeking out competitors, as a general sales rule.
But there’s a lot to be said for a vendor who IS willing to share this information with you.
It indicates that the vendor is confident in the services they provide and the potential ROI of their client campaigns.
Helpful Resources about Digital Signage Video Walls
- Our Top 7 Tips on how to choose a video wall will help guide you through the decision making process.
- List of 10 questions to ask your video wall vendor.
- Userful's “How to Make a Video Wall” video which has almost 100,000 hits on YouTube.
- Overview of video wall technologies available today.
Watch Webinar on Userful for Digital Signage Applications
You will receive a link to access the pre-recorded webinar. (Be sure to whitelist our e-mails)