Create & Configure a Video Wall
On This Page
The Video Wall feature enables users to group multiple displays to form a single large canvas. This makes it easy for a single Userful host to support content translation to entire display area as a single display. Userful's video wall feature supports a variety of configurations (e.g. 2×2, 3×3, 5×5) and layouts (equidistant grid, or free-layout and artistic).
To create a video wall, click Control Center > Mapping > New Video Wall button. The video wall configuration window allows video wall integrators to adjust the video wall size, layout, bezel correction and color calibration.
The content that you want to show on the displays depends on what source the video wall is mapped to. This is discussed in a later step.
Add Rows and Columns
The default video wall size is 4 displays with 2x2 configuration. To add/delete rows or columns, use the +/- buttons next to Rows/Columns.
To rotate video wall in a given direction, select the rotation option from the drop-down.
To assign IDs to a display, click the drop-down select-box in the center of the "display" and then select the ID of the display which will be in that position of the video wall. During calibration, the phyiscal display will have a corresponding number broadcast on it to easily identify your displays.
Flip Top Row
Enable "Flip Top Row" under Rotation - Normal Landscape as shown in the image to the right to view the effect of flip on the physical displays.
Depending on the rotation, Flip Top Row may read Flip Bottom Row, Flip Right Column, or Flip Left Column
Padding enables the ability to add or remove space between rows and columns. This can be adjusted by clicking the +/- icons besisde Rows and Columns.
Color Calibration allows you to adjust the color characteristics (i.e., RGB color scheme, Brightness and Contrast) of any display in the video wall configuration. This effectively implies adjusting the color tolerance and intensity of displays in the video wall setup, thereby enhancing the visual illusion of a single large uniform display. To do color correction:
- Click Color Calibration
- Enter values or use mouse wheel to select values for color, brightness and contrast respectively.
Artistic Layout available under the Enterprise version of Userful software appliance enable users to configure video wall in free layout and create appealing and interesting creative video wall.
Use the Add Display button to add as many displays as required for your artistic video wall.
You can remove the display by selecting it and clicking the trash can icon in the bottom right.
The angle at which a display is rotated can be adjusted in the Rotation-Offset box. Every time one of the rotation arrows of a selected display is clicked, the display will rotate by the set amount of degrees.
The position and rotation of each display can be adjusted manually. Position is adjusted by either clicking and dragging a display, or selecting one and using the arrow keys surrounding the display.
The arrow keys on your keyboard will also re-position the selected display.
The rotation can be manually adjusted by selecting a display and clicking and dragging the yellow handle on the top edge
Keyboard Shortcuts for Calibration
Userful™ enables users to take advantage of various keyboard shortcut keys for faster and pixel perfect video wall calibration. Different types of keyboard shortcuts are listed below:
- Arrow keys: Arrow keys can be used for one unit of movement in any of the four directions i.e., up/down/left/right
- Shift + Arrow keys: A combination of "Shift" key with arrow keys can be used for 10 times (10x) of movement in any of the four directions i.e., up/down/left/right
- Ctrl + Arrow keys: A combination of "Ctrl" key with arrow keys can be used for 0.1 unit of movement in any of the four directions i.e., up/down/left/right
- Bracket keys [ ]: Bracket keys can be used for one degree of rotation in clockwise or counterclockwise direction
- Shift + Bracket keys [ ]: A combination of "Shift" key with bracket keys can be used for 10 times (10x) degree of rotation in clockwise or counterclockwise direction
- Ctrl + Bracket keys [ ]: A combination of "Ctrl" key with bracket keys can be used for 0.1 degree of rotation in clockwise or counterclockwise direction
- Tab: Tab key can be used for moving forward to select the next display
- Shift + Tab: A combination of "Shift" key with Tab key can be used for moving backward to select the previous display