10 Questions to Ask Your Video Wall Vendor
In this article we present a list of 10 questions that you can ask a video wall vendor that will help you make a better decision towards your video wall deployment:
1. What is the life expectancy for the device/solution in the field?
An important question to give you a sense of how reliable the solution is.
2. How quick and easy is it to setup?
A key aspect in a video wall deployment, a thorough understand of this process can help to make better decision when choosing a solution. There are solutions that require certified technicians to set them up.
3. How many sources can I connect and display simultaneously? If I want to expand those inputs and outputs how do I do that?
Some solutions limit the number of inputs and outputs. It’s important to understand these limitations and what needs to be done to expand beyond them.
A solution that gives you a greater flexibility in content inputs and outputs will be a greater asset for your deployment.
4. How easy is it to switch what is playing on the video wall? Can it be scheduled, can it be done programmatically via an API, can it be done by hand?
Interactivity is a key feature in video walls and digital signage, so a seamless switch between content will definitely make for a more impactful and professional video wall experience. Find out how these source and content switches are made.
5. What resolution is supported today? How can I upgrade this resolution in the future?
Content resolutions are constantly upgrading (i.e. from 1080p to 4k and now 8k) and having a solution that can easily adapt to these upgrades is highly advantageous.
6. How easy is it to calibrate color to adjust as the displays age?
Color calibration is a complex process in many video wall solutions, and it can be both time and resource-consuming.
7. Will I be able to talk to current or former clients that can speak to the quality of your programs?
Ask the vendor for references and do your due diligence by taking the time to speak to them.
8. How do you adapt to the continually changing B2B landscape?
New products and services are constantly transforming industries. Is your vendor investing in the future of the solution you’re about to purchase?
9. What is your pricing model?
Different approaches have different pricing schemes, and knowing this will be helpful not only for the initial deployment, but for future upgrades and refreshment cycles.
10. Who are your closest competitors?
Most vendors don’t want you seeking out competitors, as a general sales rule.
But there’s a lot to be said for a vendor who IS willing to share this information with you.
It indicates that the vendor is confident in the services they provide and the potential ROI of their client campaigns.