Careers with Userful
Like being challenged? Having fun? Want to change the world? If the answer is yes, then you've come to the right place. At Userful you'll be a part of an elite team that's making a difference!
Userful is connecting the world through sustainable desktop computing. We're the world leader in green computing, and playing a major role in spreading computer access among the less fortunate of our planet. We're also transforming the course of desktop computing and bringing Linux to the mass market.
Today, Userful is changing the fundamentals of how desktop computers are deployed and managed. Tomorrow... well that's what we need your help with. Our products are revolutionary, but the real secret to our success is the incredibly talented team of smiling faces who warm our offices across the world.
Our employees are encouraged to share their ideas, think big, and seek the support they need to thrive. We pride ourselves on our innovative, exciting approach to work and are always seeking talented individuals to join our outstanding team.
Current openings are listed below. Please submit your application if there is a specific position you are interested in, even if it isn't listed.
You dream in code. The low-level APIs at the heart of Linux and its X server is your domain, but you also appreciate the need for effective user interfaces. You are multilingual, and C/C++ and Web languages are intimate friends. You insist on crafting software that is solid and maintainable.
You want to be part of something bigger, where your contribution will touch the lives of people planet-wide. Working with an interactive development processes energizes you. You don't fear working closely with your peers, solving problems together to go beyond what any one person could achieve.
You want to be part of Userful.
- Playing an active role in analysis/design discussions.
- Taking design documents and turning them into living code.
- Building software packages for various Linux distributions.
- Finding and implementing solutions to technical problems.
- Assisting software testers and technical support staff as needed.
- Documenting technical details as needed.
- Helping to maintain quality at all levels.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in software development.
- Experience in systems level programming in Linux.
- Experience in X Window System programming is preferred.
- Understanding of the Linux kernel, its video drivers, and device management is an asset.
- University degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent logic and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality oriented and diligent.
- Flexible and adaptable individual.
- Works well individually and with a team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with source code management systems such as GIT.
- Salary, full benefits, stock options, flexible work schedule.